For over 50 years, we have assisted charities and other not-for-profit organisations on a range of legal issues.
From drafting constitutions, establishing companies limited by guarantee to incorporated associations and the formation of charitable trusts, our team can assist you.
Sharrock Pitman Legal provides expert advice to charities, PBI's, churches and other religious organisations, independent schools and tertiary institutions, and aged care providers.
If you phone, email, Zoom, Skype, or visit us at our office in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, you will find a knowledgeable and experienced team of lawyers willing and able to lend you a helping hand. Here’s a range of the areas we can provide assistance in:
- Formation of companies limited by guarantee
- Formation of incorporated associations
- Formation of charitable trusts
- ACNC charity & DGR registration
- Corporate governance, policies and procedures
- Tax exemptions on income and tax deductibility for gifts
- ATO and ACNC compliance, including governance and external conduct standards
- Fundraising issues and licences
- Formation of public ancillary gift funds and private ancillary gift funds
- Employment issues, including employee disputes and employment agreements
- Property and commercial transactions, including grant agreements
- Dispute resolution, including Committee, Board and member disputes
- Trademarks, copyright and other intellectual property
- Expert advice to charities, PBI's, churches and other religious organisations, independent schools and tertiary institutions, and aged care providers
Our legal team to advise and assist in this unique and often complex area of law.
Based in Glen Waverley in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, our office is located opposite the Glen Waverley train station and the adjacent Glen Waverley bus depot. Free parking is available directly across the street. Click here for a map.
Need assistance complying with your responsibilities?
Please make an appointment today for a fixed fee, initial consultation.
Charity and Not-for-Profit Law updates
To read the latest articles written by our Not-for-Profit Law team, click here.