Katharine has extensive experience and expertise in family law. She is a Specialist in Family Law, having been accredited by the Law Institute of Victoria.
She can assist customers with all aspects of relationship law, whether already navigating the path of post-separation or contemplating separation.
She is particularly effective in negotiating complex financial settlements and establishing parenting arrangements that are practical and child focused.
Katharine provides empathetic and rigorous representation with the intention of helping customers rebuild their lives and come out with a stronger mindset.
Where agreement is unable to be reached, she can represent customers in the following jurisdictions:
- Family Court of Australia
- Federal Circuit Court of Australia
- Magistrates Court of Victoria.
Her legal work includes:
- Divorce applications
- Parenting plans
- Parenting and property orders
- Binding financial agreements
- Child support agreements
Areas of Expertise
- Parenting arrangements
- Matrimonial & De Facto property
- Same-sex parenting and property
- Separation & divorce
- Family violence
- Grandparents parenting
- Child support
- Spousal maintenance
Professional Qualifications & Memberships
- Accredited Family Law Specialist – Law Institute of Victoria
- Master of Laws (Legal Practice) (ANU)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (ANU)
- Bachelor of Arts & Bachelor of Laws
- Law Council of Australia (Family Law Section)
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Family Law Practitioners Association
- Victorian Women Lawyers
- Family Law Pathways Network – Greater Melbourne
- Eastern Suburbs Legal Association