David is a Senior Lawyer and Consultant with our law practice. He has expertise in commercial law and the law applicable to ‘not for profit’ organisations and charities.
As such, he advises business owners and ‘not for profit’ organisations in a range of business related legal matters, including:
- Business and workplace disputes in all courts and tribunals
- Business structuring and asset protection strategies
- Purchasing and selling businesses and companies
- Intellectual property registrations and licensing
- Employment agreements
- Shareholder/partnership agreements
- Trading terms and conditions, including for services and online sales
- Manufacturing and distribution agreements
- Business succession and estate planning issues
- Corporate insolvency issues.
David is also a nationally accredited mediator and is skilled and experienced in seeking to resolve business and workplace disputes as early as possible by mediation instead of via the courts and tribunals.
He is a business consultant to the owners and managers of small to medium enterprises and ‘not for profit’ organisations advising on practical matters relevant to running an enterprise (and not just legal matters).
He speaks on business related topics at workplace seminars and conferences.
David is the convenor of a business club to help the owners and managers of businesses and ‘not for profit’ organisations to succeed. This club is called the School of Hard Knocks for Stressed Business People and Reluctant Entrepreneurs.
He is also the author of a business book titled: “Fighting for Enterprise Success: through the eye of the tiger.”
Areas Of Expertise
- Business consultancy and business strategy
- Public speaking, seminars and workshops
- The law for ‘not for profit’ organisations and charities
- Commercial agreements
- Business transactions
- Asset protection planning
- Estate and succession planning
- Competition and consumer law
- Resolution of business and workplace disputes
- Not for profit organisations, charities and associations
- Manufacturing & engineering
- Professional services
- Health care
- Aged care
- Local government
Professional Qualifications & Memberships
- Bachelor of Jurisprudence (Monash)
- Bachelor of Law with Honours (Monash)
- Bachelor of Theology (Melbourne)
- Member – Law Institute of Victoria
- Member – Law Council of Australia
- Member – Resolution Institute (Mediation)
- Member – Australian Legal Practice Management Association