For over 30 years, we have assisted charities and other ‘not for profit’ organisations on a range of legal issues.
From drafting constitutions, establishing companies limited by guarantee to incorporated associations and the formation of charitable trusts, our team can assist you.
Sharrock Pitman Legal provide expert advice to charities, PBI's, churches and other religious organisations, independent schools and tertiary institutions, and aged care providers.
If you phone, email, Zoom, Skype, or visit us at our office in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, you will find a quality team of lawyers willing and able to lend you a helping hand. Here’s a range of the areas we can provide assistance in:
- Formation of companies limited by guarantee
- Formation of incorporated associations
- Formation of charitable trusts
- ACNC charity & DGR registration
- Corporate governance, policies and procedures
- Tax exemptions on income and tax deductibility for gifts
- ATO and ACNC compliance, including governance and external conduct standards
- Fundraising issues and licences
- Formation of public ancillary gift funds and private ancillary gift funds
- Employment issues, including employee disputes and employment agreements
- Property and commercial transactions, including grant agreements
- Dispute resolution, including Committee, Board and member disputes
- Trademarks, copyright and other intellectual property
- Expert advice to charities, PBI's, churches and other religious organisations, independent schools and tertiary institutions, and aged care providers
Our legal team to advise and assist in this unique and often complex area of law comprises Mitchell Zadow, Dan Saunders and Samuel Ellemor.
Need assistance complying with your responsibilities?