Legal Solutions > Not For Profit Organisations
For over 30 years, we have assisted charities and other ‘not for profit’ organisations on a range of legal issues, including:
- Companies limited by guarantee
- Incorporated associations
- Formation of charitable trusts
- Corporate governance
- Tax exemptions on income and tax deductibility for gifts
- ATO and ACNC compliance
- Funding raising issues
- Formation of public ancillary gift funds and private ancillary gift funds
- Employment issues, including employee disputes and employment agreements
- Property and commercial transactions
- Dispute resolution
- Trademarks, copyright and other intellectual property
- Expert advice to churches and other religious organisations, independent schools and tertiary institutions, and aged care providers
More about Not For Profit Organisations from our Reading Room
17 January 2017
Is your Not for Profit organisation exempt from paying income tax? Many Not for Profit organisations are not required to pay income tax, but the process of applying for an exemption differs for different types of Not for Profit organisations. For a Not for Profit organisation to be exempt from ...
23 December 2016
It is important to understand the risks a school faces if found liable for teacher negligence or malpractice claims. While schools are intended to be safe places for teachers and students, many students face bullying and harassment. Schools can face legal risks if teachers are found responsible for bullying or ...
16 August 2016
Not so long ago, I came across an NFP which had been stripped of nearly $300,000, thanks to a recalcitrant director. It left everyone distressed and dismayed. The police were called in and the director sued. The organisation was left in disarray and people were asking: how could this ...