Legal Solutions > Running a business
Our law practice is accredited by the Law Institute of Victoria as specialists in business law.
A short message from one of our business lawyers, Mitchell Zadow.
We specialise in helping businesses and companies with whatever legal problems or needs they might be faced with, and our team provides advice and assistance which is both legally effective and also practical.
We frequently assist our clients with issues such as:
- Buying and selling of businesses, including contracts, IP issues and employee obligations
- Commercial and retail agreements, including trading terms and conditions, supply contracts and manufacturing agreements
- Trusts and business structures, including restructuring and asset protection strategies
- Taxation, including advice on compliance and tax-effective strategies
- Intellectual property including copyright, trademarks and designs, including registrations and infringement claims
- Franchising, including review of franchise documentation and, for Franchisors, the preparation of compliant franchise documentation
- Trade practices, including compliance with Australian Consumer Law regulations and laws regarding warranties and guarantees
- Bankruptcy and corporate insolvency, including both initial and ongoing advice and assistance through the insolvency process
- Insurance, including disputed claims
- Guarantee and Mortgage Advice, including advice and review of documents in conference with you
We also have many years of experience in assisting incorporated associations and other not for profit organisations.
Here is what some of our very satisfied business law clients have said:
“My lawyer was knowledgeable and had good people skills. He completed his work very efficiently and quickly”
“Performance was outstanding, pleased in every aspect”
“High quality compared with other lawyers”
“Our lawyer has been fantastic!! He is our life line and security blanket. We would be lost, confused and stressed without him!”
Call us today for help on 9560 2922.
More about Business Law from our Reading Room
- Is a Verbal Agreement Legally Binding?
- Defending an unfair preference claim
- Duties of Directors - Conflicts of Interest
- Restraint of Trade - Protecting your Business from Ex-Employees
- Lazy Sussan? (or why merely having a bullying policy is not enough!)
- Warranties in Contracts - Why they really do matter!
- Unfair Dismissal Compensation - A New Approach
- Don’t get caught out by Privacy Act changes!
- Goods and Service Contracts: Can one-sided contracts result in terms being void for unfairness?
- Wills are all the same, right? You just put your name at the top and sign at the bottom
- Does Your Employee Shop at Work?
- Fair Process? Avoiding an Unfair Dimissal Claim
- The Personal Properties Securities Register ("PPSR")
- Voluntary Administration: When, Where and How?
- International Wills - Making your Will effective overseas
- Be Alert to ATO Action!
- SMSF Alert – Don’t Risk a New Penalty!
- Franchise Alert - new Code of Conduct starts soon!
- Beware the Workplace Bully!
- Changes to the rules for ‘flexible working arrangements’ – Employers take note!
- What is this PPSR I keep hearing about?
- New Laws for Incorporated Associations - Don't Get Caught Out!
- Avoid the Viral Spiral: Disgruntled Employees and Social Media
- Company Directors Face Increased Liability Risks